The Amazing Uses Of Petroleum Jelly
We keep petroleum jelly in our BOB.
Here are several awesome reasons why everyone should carry petroleum jelly in their BOB:
1. The most common reason is putting petroleum jelly on your skin to make it soft. It's no joke that when your skin gets extremely dry, it can crack, bleed and even get infected. Using a little bit of petroleum jelly on your hands, elbows, feet, lips, etc, you can prevent extremely dry skin. This is only for chapped or dry skin, DO NOT use for sunburns.
2. In an emergency, a lit birthday candle in a jar of petroleum jelly will burn for hours. True story.
3. Helps to ease bults, nuts, screws, rings, lids, etc, off easily. It 'lubes' it up, so to speak.
4. Theraputic when applied to lesions caused by poison ivy.
5. Restores the look of leather.
6. Help prevent diaper rash.
Remember to use 100% petroleum jelly, as the other types of petroleum jelly on the market can be harmful.